Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cliches and Dialogue


George looked up from shoeing the horse to see the outline of Curley's wife in the doorway of the barn. They were alone.

"Have you seen Curley" she said quietly, standing by the door. 
"What 'bout Curley?’Spose he walks in," muttered George looking at his feet.
     "Well, you gotta put your foot down." she stated. "I ain’t ever told you this, but I don't love Curley. He's fishing for compliments."
    "I ain't so sure this is a good idea George, Curley can stir up an ants nest."
            Curley's wife smiled an ironic smile and asked, "George, Do you have ants in your pants?"
      George was not impressed and replied yelling "No, I just don't want no trouble, I'm tired of messing with fire."
     Curley’s wife laughed and said. “Caught red-handed, I know you like me George."
        George did not know what to say, he exclaimed that,"You drive me up a wall."
  Curley’s wife came close whispered. “I know boy will be boys, but I get lonely and need someone to talk too”.  “Go talk to that crazy lil husband of yours cause you driving me crazy.” replied George.
   “You only hurt the one you love, I’ll be gone before I go back to Curley” Curley’s wife said in a hurry.         
'Leave me alone for gods sake" muttered George, "You have gone over the top this time"

No comments:

Post a Comment